Saturday, June 20, 2020

OpenSim : HyperGrid : Power Boats, Speed Boats and the "Realism Effect" Part 3

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Ok so my last 2 posts I was talking about all the Free Full Perm boats and scripts, this time around I'll explain the environment I pieced together, by using large (256m in some cases) Torus shapes cut in half, then placed in various locations around the region linked together to what I call the height adjustment prim allowing for extra fine tuning the event's performance characteristics difficulty level.



 

          The next step was to make the linked prim set transparent, then layering wave effects on the water,  So far this has worked out well, as you can see in the pictures below.







It's not a perfect system, but it sure beat the heck out or trying to terraform the entire 3x3 Var exactly right.  My next step was to add some surrounding mountain terrain along with some transparent barrier prims where necessary.  If you want to see this all in action please feel free to stop by 3rd Rock Grid the Great Central Lake region. This Grid Map hypergrid jump point will get you directly to the region 

grid.3rdrockgrid.com:8002:Great Central Lake








     There are numerous Rezz Boards around the dock, touching one of them presents you with a menu selection to choose a boat to pilot and it will appear along the dockside



    As previously mentioned the boats and scripts are all full perm, however not on this region, I decided to make these No Copy, if your interested in any of what I have managed to collect so far. Just contact me and I'll take you over to the Boat Works sim and you may help yourself to what ever you like, minus a few things that are not ful prerm.

JayR Cela :_)



No comments: