Sunday, July 3, 2011

OpenSim "Creation Of Your Own Grid" "Lack Of Simple Instruction's Inhibit Growth"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Well it seems like just about everyone in the OpenSim world, except me know's what the heck to do in order to create your own grid. And let me tell ya, it is confusing as hell. It took me most of the weekend and a lot of hair pulling to finally get a localhost region to load, then came the loading of a freely available .OAR file.

    So this really piss's me off. This is not an easy thing to do, but I intend to at least try and publish some simple instruction's to get you up and running at least a localhost grid, and hopefully in the future one that is available to other people as well.
  
    First off, the resources assume that you are a propeller head computer geek. In my opinion this is the major stumbling block to the actual acceptance of OpenSim as a usable platform for the average person.

    In order to keep this simple I will be using Windows XP, and Part 1 will start completely from scratch.

JayR :_)

No comments: