Monday, July 4, 2011

Open Sim Server "Computer Geek's Need Only Apply"

By Avatar JayR Cela

    I am doing my best to try and provide some easy to understand, simple instruction's on setting up an Open Sim Server, and I will be the first one to admit, I really am just learning.

    This has got to be one of the most frustrating experience's I have ever encountered. And I started using computer's in 1984 with an Atari 800. I would defiantly not recommend trying to install Open Sim Server on your main computer. Your safest bet is to use a spare. Something you don't care about if it screws up. Windows XP being 12 years old now will allow you to install as many copies as you like on as many different computers that you feel like installing it on. All you need is a legitimate copy, and once installed, validate it.

    If your on Linux, you probably don't even need to be reading this. Yes I use Linux, but I am not an advanced user, and rely on the Gnome GUI to get my way around.

    If anyone out there reading this blog is an experienced Open Sim Guru, and you would like to contribute, please by all mean's contact me JayR.Cela@gmail.com 


JayR Cela :_)

No comments: