Monday, July 18, 2011

Virtual World Viewer's "Will Standard's Ever Be Set ?" NO !!!!

By Avatar JayR Cela

    As more and more people just get completely fed up with their real live's, and choose to escape from reality into a Virtual Environment. We are bombarded with a plethora of various User Interface's. Some of them are good, a few are great and some are just down right lousy.

     Linden Lab and IBM several year's ago tried to get thing's set into motion with the InterOp project. Thing's did not work out to well. Right about this same time Open Sim was just getting off the ground.

    Here is the big problem, Intellectual Property Right's. Who actually created what, and by law's that vary from country to country can distribute the various virtual good's legally. I am a builder in SecondLife, but all of the textures I use were designed by people other than myself, therefore I have never attempted to sell any of my creation's to anyone.

     I give them away freely to friend's and acquaintances, and i design home's and rent them to people, but where does the buck stop.

     Unfortunately no where.

JayR Cela :_(

No comments: